Rant Of The Day – This Science Student Thing

By Grace Shaibu

Hello Readers,

Welcome to the rant column.

There is decadence around the world, which is no news already but sometimes some things prop up and we are shocked at how decading the world is turning to be.  I am very perplexed with this new ‘‘doing drugs is cool thing” that some of our so called music stars are perpetrating. I listened and watched some peeps talk about how youths buy all sorts to get themselves ”high”.

drug abuse

Please, what is ‘lowing you?’ that makes you feel you should get high? Some said, they are depressed, confused and just want to let go of their burdens. So, they run to drugs and some concoctions to get them off their burdens. How ignorant! Do they have an idea about the aftermath of this?

I learnt some of them mix methylated spirit with soft drinks, some get choke on cocaine, some get mix all the mixables and when they see their stars doing same on Television, they think it is cool. You see, I don’t understand the board that governs music in Nigeria but I think they have failed if there is any at all. Talent doesn’t have to preach destruction and death. Their action, the drama, the words of these guys go a long way in the lives of the youths that listen to them and of course, we are seeing it manifest now.

Most of them are mixing drugs and calling themselves ”Science Student’‘ Oh my days! The end result is kidney failure and a whole lot of body mismatch but nah, they won’t listen, it is the new cool and when the Issues surrounding being a Science student emerges, Even Real Science won’t be able to solve their issues.

Source: Above Whispers

8 Responses to Rant Of The Day – This Science Student Thing

1. Lamide February 28, 2018 at 9:49 am

You just wrote my mind. It’s so devastating to see that what is dangerous to the health is now the new cool.

2. Gladys February 28, 2018 at 9:50 am

We need to curb this thing, young people doing drugs like water. God help our nation.

3. Lukman February 28, 2018 at 9:51 am

But, is it their fault? When the nation has nothing to offer? what do you have them do?

4. hyebeekayy February 28, 2018 at 11:09 am

I learnt NBC actually banned the song and radio stations were asked not to play the song on air. Most, if not all are complying even though I learnt some OAP was like they didn’t get such information.
    Regardless of how “sweet” the beat might be. It’s passing across a very dangerous message. It’s enough that we have illicit sex and alcohol being promoted unabashedly, but do we need our little brothers and sisters singing and mimicking drug promoters too?

5. DSEED February 28, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Signs of the end time. I feel so concerned about how most of the youths live there life. So miserable and every damn thing that surround them encourages them.

6. Samuel February 28, 2018 at 2:22 pm

It is just so pathetic and annoying that the secular musics played around preachew immorality and drug abuse, yet these artists are the ones being celebrated. It is just so infuriating. Anyways, your conclusion was spot on. They will dance to the tune of its adverse effects later on.

7. Wande February 28, 2018 at 7:39 pm

It’s the way of the world at this time. Things have turned upside down and we now embrace and celebrate what we ought to condemn. And I can’t help feeling things might get a lot worse before they get better, if they get better.

8. Eric Onuoha March 19, 2018 at 12:26 pm

What an unfortunate situation. They are on a highway to insanity and death