Rant Of The Day -Aggressive Bike men

By Grace Shaibu

Welcome to the rant column

LAGOS 2

When taking bike in lagos you must be extremely careful. We have so many bike men and seriously, those bikers ride like they have been sent to terminate lives untimely. They ride so carelessly like they aren’t carrying a life but a mosquito on the seat. If you take bikes a lot, you would have experienced such. The most annoying part is when you  try correcting the bike man to calm down while riding that’s when the trouble will start.

This what you will hear : ”Aunty, don’t disturb me, na today I just dey ride okada{bike}. I know wetin i dey do.” I don’t care if you have been riding for ages, don’t kill me. In fact, most times, I threaten to alight without paying a dime. Please, don’t break my bones just because I want to support you for a living. The best way to do this is, don’t pay them before getting to your destination so you can threaten to alight. So, you won’t will be killed or given scars on your body.

Source: Abovewhispers

8 Responses to Rant Of The Day -Aggressive Bike men

1. DSEED August 21, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Well said o. Some of them are just animals. One have to be careful. May God keep us.

2. princess August 21, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Nice advice. I hear u ma’am, anyone who works well deserves to be paid, if not OYO is his case

3. Ebonychyqui2 August 21, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Waooooh like you were reading my mind dear, I have being waiting for this rant for a very long time now and here it is. Like seriously more than 90percent bike riders in Lagos need to be rehabilitated because they are not normal at all. They don’t mind riding you to another planet.

4. Julie August 21, 2017 at 10:49 pm

One of them almost threw me into the gutter yesterday, I gave him my piece.

5. Kes August 21, 2017 at 10:53 pm

Don’t mind them my dear, those bike men are animal on human skin and lives mean nothing to them, their own is just to get their money.

6. Akpes August 21, 2017 at 10:58 pm

They are supposed to undergo training before carrying people on their bikes but this is Nigeria now so what do you expect? The government is supposed to give license to bike riders just like that of car drivers, maybe that will help reduce the madness of those reckless bike riders.

7. Legzycool August 22, 2017 at 4:06 pm

They are just not bike men. It is situation that made them okada men. Just make sure you caution any of them before taking a ride.

8. Oluwatosino August 23, 2017 at 4:09 am

Chai…. Don’t mind them… All they think of is how to get you to your destination and quickly look for another customer asap. Some of this bike men value the money more than our lives. That’s why to just drive carelessly most time.