Rant Of The Week : Social Media Mumu

By Grace shaibu

Happy Friday people. Yes! I’m here to talk as usual, it’s not my fault though, I just cannot sit and zip my mouth when I see things that are totally uncalled for. The 21st century is totally different and one special thing about this century is technology. Technology has made a great impact in this century and as made people connect than they could ever imagine. The most peculiar theme of this century is Social media.

funny

Social media is one peculiar theme in this century, people chat, make calls and do all sorts just with their data and the information you get if used smartly is good and concrete, far beyond your imagination.

Oh, the young peeps have loads to say about this peculiar theme in this century, the elderly ones aren’t freaked about this but a good, well informed millennial knows the importance of being social media savvy. So, most times i’m dazed when a millennial ask stupid questions, when a millennial who is assumed to be in the know says some unintelligent things and keeps one wondering if the 21st century is actually in the now or in the past.

See this discussion below

{A conversation between two millennials}

Thelma: I got a new job.

Victoria : Where?

Thelma :   A cosmetics store but they want me to be social media savvy, I haven’t done that course before.

Victoria : (Amused) Wait, social media savvy is not a course o

Themla: What is it? I mean, they said i should be on social media, blogs and all that

For now, I am not on social media, I don’t even know when that will be possible.

Victoria: {Exclaims} Sweet Lord! Aren’t you on facebook, wtsapp, twitter etc? Don’t you read blogs like Linda, Abovewhispers etc?

Thelma : Yes now, I am on  everything, you excluded instagram sef, that reminds me, I need to upload my picture on instagram, that dress of mine must be seen.

Victoria : Okay….

Thelma : So? How do i get on it?

Victoria : Really? Ask google.

Hmmmm…Is this not a mumu? I mean, I rest my case, some people just carry a bag without knowing what a bag is used for…

Be wise

Source: abovewhispers

11 Responses to Rant Of The Week : Social Media Mumu

1. Femi Diipo March 17, 2017 at 11:47 am

Lol… I think we should just be at a point already where we assume everyone from this generation is social media savvy though. The way employers phrase it, you’d really think it’s a course.

2. feranmi daniels March 17, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Lmao. I just died. Wow! This is serious o

3. bisola James March 17, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Lol. Jehovah? for where? I think she is confused because like @femi said, some employers make it look like that but how will someone not know this?
    please, is she from the village ni?

4. Nancy March 17, 2017 at 1:37 pm

loooooooooooooooooooooooool. Jeeeez! This is serious o?
    it’s not a course o. Really? This rant person makes this so real in a hillarious manner.

5. kelechi March 17, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Seriously, we wonder how some people go about their lives ignorantly. Most millennials have nothing in their head, all they know how to do is snap pictures and disturb people’s timeline.

6. Julie March 17, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Hahahahaha my sweet Jesus this is just too funny. Maybe its a course to some people anyways #lmao#

7. Esosa March 17, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Really? Some people are just dull from birth. If not why would someone who’s always on social media think its a course?

8. Ebonychyqui2 March 17, 2017 at 10:14 pm

No be small thing my sis, Na real mumu she be. Haba Infact her level of ignorance could get a man killed, social media is a course 2 her, in her wildest dreams though.

9. Branny March 18, 2017 at 10:09 am

Some educated folks are illiterate in disguise I must confess.

10. Olajumoke March 18, 2017 at 2:26 pm

This is funny but true, so many young people are just like Thelma

11. DSEED March 19, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Oh mine mine. Social media is a course o under the department of socialmedial. For tutorial get in touch with me. Tutorial is not free ooo, because is not easy to study that course and be in that department. Serious mumu.