Rant Of The Day – How “We” You?

By Grace shaibu

Okay! I am sure a lot of people are wondering what this rant is all about, well, when I begin you will get the full gist of this particular rant. Ever wondered how some peeps tend to speak unnecessary phonetics? I mean, it’s good to speak good english especially with the right pronunciation but don’t over do it. That’s the point. Speak well and speak clearly.

funny face

There is this particualr trend I have noticed amongst quite a number of persons and I began wondering if, there is a new vocab called ”we you”. I met a lady sometime back and as we exchanged pleasantries, she asked of my welfare which is a typical thing here whether we mean it or not, we just want to know and she said... Hey dear, Howwe” you? I smiled though I was really shocked about it. That passed and then someone else said the same thing again., How “we” you dear? Nope! I couldn’t take it anymore.

If you want to speak phonetics, speak it rightly. Areeeeeeee.. Are! That is the right thing to say, it is not conjured. what brought the we,please? How did we come into play right here?

Back to the other story as that person said that, I told him nope. It’s how are you and I am fine anyways. Guess his response? So far you could understand by statement, that’s all that matters. I didn’t let that pass just like that, I gave it to him moderately nice, If you were a toddler, that’s different but for an adult it’s sheer stupidity.

Again I say, It’s How Are You?

Thanks. And I hope my readers are doing great?

Source: abovewhispers

18 Responses to Rant Of The Day – How “We” You?

1. Femi Diipo March 15, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Well I’m fine. How ”We” you too. I get this doh, some people just wanna be american by force

2. Monica March 15, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Lmao. Seriously, this is so hilarious. How ”we you”. Lol. people say that alot forming phonetics. Mtsew. Anyways, I am doing good, dear writer.

3. Gloria Nelson March 15, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Thank God, this rant is back here. I am doing good, good to have the rant back but them, Nigerians just have this attitude of being whiter than whites. lol

4. macwilliams March 15, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Jeez! I almost died because i have heard a lot of people say this so many times. Lmao. This is so real.

5. Melinda March 15, 2017 at 4:26 pm

This best part that got me is the emphasis on ”Arrrreee” This writer is so funny and real.

6. Esosa March 15, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Jeeeez that was hilarious. People no longer want to speak good English again, there’s different between abbreviation and wrong English. speaking bad English is now a norm in our society.

7. Ebonychyqui2 March 15, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Am not really nice when it comes to vocabulary. Am a gun detector, u release the gun I give you ma piece. #gbam#

8. Branny March 15, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Some people are terrible onomatomania when it comes to vocabularies, they can be very exasperating. I prefer them to just keep quiet as repetition is the order of the day.

9. Akpes March 15, 2017 at 5:46 pm

This rant has kept me in a nostalgic state of mind. I remembered anchoring a program and when I was about leaving, there comes a chap who couldn’t hold himself any longer seeing a young lady speak with so much confidence. This were his piercing words ” hello pretty lady can I spark to you? I couldn’t control myself and I replied ” no sir you can’t spark to me.

10. Legzycool March 15, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Oh my!! I just couldn’t hold it… I just had to laugh out loud. But you are not nice at all ooo.
    And yes, i am fine.

11. DSEED March 15, 2017 at 11:15 pm

So funny. I have been hearing people saying it o, but didn’t concentrate on it.

12. Modupeoluwa March 15, 2017 at 11:17 pm

Hilarious!!! What you heard is how we you, me I do hear how were you…lol

13. olakitan March 15, 2017 at 11:20 pm

I need to be careful with these so call tush guys with dangerous phonetics… How we you????…. How we fine o

14. Gift Lawrence March 16, 2017 at 7:44 am

Lol. Serious Yawa. Some People thing na them sabi Phoneee Pass whereas they know nothing about English Transcription!!! na to dey carry Ear Cleaner these days so we dnt have Ear problems due to pp’s grammatical blunder

15. Princess March 16, 2017 at 8:38 am

The one that vexes me the most is those that speaks Yoruba English and says its jenifa’s dairy spoken English. That’s a fallacious premise! Please learn to construct simple sentences not bunkums.

16. julie March 16, 2017 at 8:43 am

Its this simple if any one ask you are we you, you reply we we fine. I think with that the sharp shooter would know he just committed a blunder.

17. Oluwatosino March 16, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Laugh my ass out….. How we you? I we fine ooo. LOL
    People sha be forming up and down.

18. Toluene March 16, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Chai….. I hope they are not trying to copy jenifa’s dairy sha…. HOW IS YOU…. Which one is Hw we you now… Issorite oooo.Lmao