Home » Entries posted by Grace Shaibu (Page 528)

Another Attack In Munich By An 18Year Old German-Iranian

Another Attack In Munich By An 18Year Old German-Iranian

At least nine people were killed and at least 16 were injured Friday in a shooting rampage at a busy shopping district in Munich, Germany, police said. Police searched for attackers, thinking there might be three, and found a man who had killed himself on a side street near Olympia shopping mall, police Chief Hubertus […]

In Memoriam

In Memoriam

Rosemary’s husband sold his company for well over $200 million and thought they were set for life. Then he died and as she moved through the grieving process she realized she needed to fill the void in her life with something meaningful, and she also wanted to do something to acknowledge and honor the wonderful […]

East Africa: UNFPA Roots For Use Of Family Planning In Refugee Camps

East Africa: UNFPA Roots For Use Of Family Planning In Refugee Camps

The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has called for universal access to sexual and reproductive health services for adolescents and young people, saying this will potentially transform lives. UNFPA representative Jozef Maerien made the call yesterday during the handover of reproductive health and dignity kits to Burundian refugees at Mahama camp in Kirehe District. The […]

Zimbabwe: Government To Take Over The Late Mujuru Linked Diamond Company

Zimbabwe: Government To Take Over The Late Mujuru Linked Diamond Company

THE government will soon take over a diamond mine linked to the late General Solomon Mujuru, a cabinet minister has revealed. River Ranch Limited, located in Beitbridge, is 80 percent controlled by Limpopo Mining Resources while Khupukile Resources, which was owned the late army general, controls the remaining 20 percent. Addressing delegates at the 2016 […]

Troops Kill 42 Insurgents, Rescue 80 Women, Children

Troops Kill 42 Insurgents, Rescue 80 Women, Children

Following confirmed intelligence report on the convergence and massing up of dislodged Boko Haram insurgents at Gangere village in Kukawa Local Government Area of Borno State, with intent of carrying out attack on some isolated communities, troops  on fighting and clearance patrol Codenamed “Operation TIGER CLAW”  on Tuesday 19th July, 2016, swooped on terrorists killing […]

11 Die As Commercial Bus Explodes In Lagos

11 Die As Commercial Bus Explodes In Lagos

About 11 persons were killed on Thursday after a commercial bus with 14 passengers on board went up in flames on the Otedola Bridge in the Berger area of Lagos. It was learnt that the deceased comprised eight males and three females while three persons were rescued from the wreckage alive. Our correspondent gathered that […]

American Volunteer Killed Fighting ISIS In Syria

American Volunteer Killed Fighting ISIS In Syria

An American civilian fighting alongside Kurdish troops in Syria has been killed fighting ISIS, according to a statement from the official website of the People’s Protection Units, or YPG. The YPG said Levi Jonathan Shirley, a volunteer also known as Agir Servan, died on July 14 in Manbij, an ISIS-held city in northern Syria. Shirley […]

Child Marriage: Gambia To Jail Parents 21 Years

Child Marriage: Gambia To Jail Parents 21 Years

Gambia passed a law banning child marriage Thursday and introduced heavy jail terms for anyone who breaks the new rules. Under the new law, a man who marries an underage girl would face 20 years in jail, her parents would get 21 years and an iman who presides over the marriage would also face time […]

South Africa: Can Snapchat Help Us Tell the Stories of Survivors of Sexual Violence?

South Africa: Can Snapchat Help Us Tell the Stories of Survivors of Sexual Violence?

Former eNCA journalist, and recently appointed mobile editor of the Hindustan Times, Yusuf Omar, has received huge plaudits for his creative storytelling abilities. And for good reason too. Most recently Omar, used Snapchat filters to tell the stories of rape survivors. Snapchat has cleverly employed technology to allow its users to transform themselves into a […]

I’ve Forgiven Melaye But…, says Remi Tinubu

I’ve Forgiven Melaye But…, says Remi Tinubu

The representative of Lagos-Central Senatorial District in the Senate, Oluremi Tinubu, has said as a Christian she has forgiven her Kogi-West counterpart, Senator Dino Melaye. But she added that she would not be intimidated by anybody. Tinubu said this on Wednesday when a delegation of the Lagos State House of Assembly members from Lagos-Central and […]